Friday, July 23, 2010

Last Day

This will sadly be my last blog. I know it is sad, but I am leaving tomorrow morning at 8 AM. It has been a long 9 weeks, and now 64 blogs. Geez, just sitting here now reflecting on my time here, it has just gone by so fast. We spent the entire morning, from 9-5 moving out and cleaning the rooms. Let me tell you, each and every room is spotless. Afterwards we all just enjoyed each others company. Tonight was a short little finale, we all gathered and watched a slide show of the entire project through pictures. It reminded me how long we had been here, in a good way. Lots of laughs and smiles throughout the entire group. It is a strange feeling having it be this close to the end. Arriving you never think it is going to end, or end this fast. Now I'm about to crawl in bed for my last night here on project, in Panama City Beach. It's crazy! I have grown and learned so much about my relationship with Christ, and I can't wait to see what He is going to do with my life. I know one thing is for sure, I will trust Him. I could really write forever, but this will be short so that it is not all over the place. One thing is for sure, I don't regret coming at all, I feel so blessed to have this opportunity before I venture out into the real world. Thank you to ALL who supported me on this project, both financially and spiritually. Your support through generosity and prayer can't even begin to be expressed in words. All my growth is attributed to Him first and then you all. It has been a blessing writing these blogs and I am going to miss it. Maybe I will do it again some day, who knows. I keep reflecting on how much has changed since I have been here. I feel like scales have literally fallen from my eyes and heart. I see so much more clear and my heart is full, full of Christ. Don't let this be mistaken for a spiritual high by any means. I have been on those before, and I'm telling you that this is a transformation. I really don't know what else to write. Please pray for my continuing growth in Christ, not just mine but everyone here on project. Pray for safety as we all travel back home or wherever we are going. Thank you.

Serving Him,
Daniel

2 comments:

  1. Daniel - I will miss my daily "ritual" of reading your blog every morning. I have looked forward to that every day since you left for the Beach Project. It has been exciting to see how God has molded and changed you over the last nine weeks - to see the scales literally fall from your eyes and heart! A real transformation has taken place! I also cannot wait to see what God is going to do with your life; but, you can be certain that He has great plans for you, and He will never leave your side! Continue to trust and serve Him - I know you will!
    I am so proud of you,
    Love ~ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel...I will miss your blogs as well. They have enlightened me in my faith and made me realize where I have been "gray," in my walk with the Lord. You are truly a light with a purpose in this world. You are in the light forever. Darkness will follow you no more.
    I want to comment on a former blog you posted. The one about Aaron. You stated that he was your little brother & always looked up to you. It reminded me of a story when you two were little. I always miss the two of you & your sister the most in the summer, for that is when you always came to Pgh to spend a week with me. I cherish that gift forever. Well, do you remember when you enticed your little brother Aaron (who so looked up to you,) to pee on my bush outside where I lived. You told him it was good furtilization for the bush & it would make it grow...and that you would do it if he did it 1st? Then you told on him ? Hahaha. Great memory that I cherish. Well now you can tell him what furtilizes the soul in his walk with the Lord & what will make it grow. He always listened to you and followed (well not always.) But he will continue to look to you & follow. I love you Daniel. Thanks for the memories ! Aunt Claire

    ReplyDelete