Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Spreading His Image

Today all the campus outreach staff got back today. It was great to have most of them back. My good friend and role model John Muller and his wife Ashley are back and I am so happy. Natalie and I will be going on a double date with them, and we are all so excited. Max, the project director is back and I am a huge fan of him. The first time we met at last semester we immediately clicked, then I find out that he is the project director, he is awesome. All the staff members are back and it was great catching up with all of them and sharing how much I have learned and grown. Tonight we talked about kingdom living and how the kingdom of God is in us, Luke 17:21. Some of this interestingly enough will cover some of what I have talked about the last couple of days. Our God is a God of purpose and a God of plans, Luke 17:24-25. What exactly does "His Kingdom" mean, it's made up of God's chosen people. Being apart of His kingdom comes many blessings, but also many responsibilities. Having a call to salvation does not just mean we are saved , but also that our lives mus be lived by believing the Gospel. The Gospel is God's power in us for our salvation from our calling to our final glory, Romans 1:16-17. It is key to remember that a call to salvation is a call to discipleship. It is a duty, not an option. We respond by committing to discipleship and obedience. Jesus called you to come and follow, Luke 9:23. We must believe and obey, Romans 16:26. Being obedient and spreading His image comes with a sacrifice. I need to be a doer of God's word, not just now when it is easy here on project, but continually doing it DAILY, forever. I need to take action now, and present my body as a living sacrifice for Him. Whatever he calls me to do, I need to submit and answer His call, Romans 12:1-2. Dedicating your total self is pleasing to God. I do this by not conforming to the patterns of this world, Romans 12:2. The world says it is ok, and it is not, this is where the sacrifice and pain comes in. It is hard, but we must renew our minds and God will transform you. This comes when we fix our minds on Christ and let our thinking be shaped by the Word of God. It is very very easy to say, but it only works if we truly walk as Jesus walked, 1 John 2:4-6. By doing this we can spread His image by imitating His walk, Philippians 3:17. Please pray that after project i can continue to live like this and walk as He walked. I know I will trip, stumble, and fall. But, God is good and shows grace. My goal and prayer is that I can imitate Him as well as I can and reflect His light through my life.

Serving Him,
Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment